September 15, 2019
How To Care & Clean Your Leather Bag.
Everyone loves leather. A good leather bag can be fashionable and stylish. However, the only way you can make your leather purse last is by learning how to clean it in the right manner. While cleaning your leather bag, avoid using bleach-based cleaners or ammonia since they can damage the leather surface. You should also be careful with water since it may stain the leather surface. Without much ado, let move to our educative tutorial of how to clean your leather bag. Follow the seven simple steps listed below, and you will be good to go.
The first rule for how to clean leather handbags is to be gentle. If the stain won’t come out after you’ve cleaned the bag thoroughly, you’re best off consulting a professional.
To have a go at home first, follow these steps:
- Empty your bag
- Use a lint roller or a vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment to remove loose dirt
- Use a leather cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe over the bag. If you don’t have leather cleaner then you can dip a clean, lint-free cloth into the warm, soapy water and gently wipe the bag with it
- Towel dry the bag immediately afterward. Dab, do not rub, the surface
- Use a clean, dry cloth to apply a small amount of leather protective cream to the bag
- Gently rub the cream into the leather (move with the grain) until it is absorbed
- Leave the bag overnight before using it again
Cleaning Tip: If you find scuff marks on your leather bags then use a dyed protective cream or fabric pen to cover them up. Always test in a small area first.
Cleaning leather bags doesn’t have to be hard, you just need to remember to show your prized purses a little love on a regular basis to avoid any big cleaning tasks.